A. Harold Goodman papers
A. Harold Goodman papers
The A. Harold Goodman papers contains notes regarding the revision of the Mormon hymnbook, agendas regarding meetings of the Music Department, a program for a production put on by the church, and two copies of sheet music called "I Heard Him Come."
- Extent: 1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Goodman, A. Harold, 1924
- Call Number: MSS 6931
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from A. Harold Goodman papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 6931; A Harold Goodman papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 6931, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by A. Harold Goodman.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; A. Harold Goodman.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Hymns; Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Music
- Genre / Form
- Agendas; Notes; Songs, English; Theater programs
- Processing Information
- Processed; Elizabeth Ballif, student processor, and John Murphy, curator.
- Appraisal Information
- LDS scholarship and historiography (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.III, August 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Goodman (A. Harold) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elizabeth Ballif, student processor, and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-08T09:31-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Biographical Info:
A. Harold Goodman was a music educator in Utah. He was born in 14 July 1924. Harold taught at Brigham Young University in the School of Music. In 1989 he was called to be the temple president of the Atlanta Georgia Temple, after serving as the chairman of the Church Music Department and in many other church capacities. He died 25 June 2007.
comments powered by Disqus