Austin P. Larrabee scrapbook
Austin P. Larrabee scrapbook
Dates: circa 1914-1926
Scrapbook contains photographs of various scenic areas, particularly Bryce Canyon, Utah, and the Grand Teton Mountain Range, Wyoming, and several photographs of bird nests, birds, other animals, trees, other plants, and rocks. Also included are photographs of naturalist associates and family members of Austin P. Larrabee. Most photographs are labeled, but few are marked with a date.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Larrabee, Austin P. (Austin Park), 1878-1954
- Call Number: MSS 7592
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Austin P. Larrabee scrapbook must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7592; Austin P. Larrabee scrapbook; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 7592, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Purchased in 2010.
- Acquisition Information
- Purchased; 2010.
- Subject Terms
- Larrabee family--Photographs; Agriculture and Natural Resources; Animals--West (U.S.)--Photographs; Fisheries and Wildlife; Landscapes--West (U.S.)--Photographs; Natural Science
- Genre / Form
- Processing Information
- Processed; Audrey Spainhower, student manuscript processor, and John Murphy, curator; 2010.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.VII, August 2007.) The Austin P. Larrabee scrapbook includes photographs of Utah wildlife and scenery.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Larrabee (Austin P.) scrapbook
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Audrey Spainhower, student manuscript processor, and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-08T09:39-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Austin P. Larrabee (1878-1954) was a professor of natural science in South Dakota.
Austin Park Larrabee was born January 26, 1878 in the state of Maine to James Morell and Priscilla Woodward Larrabee. He married Winona Jane Jones. He attended Bowdoin College in Brunswick, Maine, and graduated in 1901. Following his graduation, Larrabee became a professor of natural science at Yankton College in Yankton, South Dakota. He enjoyed the American West and documented his various zoological field trips in a scrapbook, circa 1914-1926. Austin Park Larrabee passed away on May 5, 1954, in Seattle, Washington.
comments powered by Disqus