English Department graduate department files

English Department graduate department files

Dates: 1989-2003

The series contains materials from the graduate department from 1989-2003. These materials include minutes, awards, reports, and bound honors theses.

  • Extent: 3 cartons
  • Call Number: UA 1208 Series III
  • Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
  • Access Restrictions: Restricted. Closed for 25 years (until 2029) after the creation of the records and thereafter open to the public after consultation with the University Archivist and in accordance with the General Restriction Statement of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections.
Conditions of Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from English Department records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Preferred Citation
English Department graduate department files; UA 1208; English Department records; L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
Other Finding Aids
File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA1208.xml
Subject Terms
Colleges and Universities; Education; English
Genre / Form
Awards; Corporate minutes; Dissertations, Academic; Reports
Finding Aid ID Number
UPB_UA1208
Finding Aid Title
English Department records
Finding Aid Author
Finding aid prepared by Matthew Leavitt
Finding Aid Creator
This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-11-22T12:35-0700
Finding Aid Language
English
Biographical Info:

Administrative History

The English Department of Brigham Young University is a part of the College of Humanities. When the College of Humanities was established in 1965 it consisted of four original areas of study, with English being the largest department in the College as well as on campus. At that time the English Department was housed primarily in the Jesse Knight Building, with the faculty occupying most of the annex of the same building. Although the College of Humanities was founded in 1965, the English Department had been an integral part of the University from the beginning when BYU was first started.



comments powered by Disqus

Site Navigation

Search this Collection

Collection Arrangement

Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description

Series I in UA 1208

Print View

Help with this Collection

Ask us a Question

Gordon Daines
University Archivist - University Archives
gordon_daines@byu.edu