BYUSA Clubs papers
BYUSA Clubs papers
This collection contains materials concerning clubs on campus administered by Brigham Young University Student Association (BYUSA). The collection is arranged into 2 series and includes administrative information, correspondence, club charters, financial records, and other materials.
- Extent: 11 cartons (11 linear feet)
- Creator: Brigham Young University. Student Association
- Call Number: UA 5405
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Restricted. Closed for 25 years after the creation of the records and thereafter open to the public after consultation with the University Archivist and in accordance with the General Restriction Statement of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections.
- Languages and Scripts
- The 2 series are 1. Individual BYUSA clubs information and 2. All history of BYUSA club activities.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the BYUSA clubs papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: UA 5405; BYUSA clubs papers; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: UA 5405, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Transferred from Records Management in June 2008.
- Acquisition Information
- Transferred; Records Management; June 2008.
- Subject Terms
- Clubs and Societies; Colleges and Universities; Education; Social Life and Customs
- Genre / Form
- Charters; Letters
- Processing Information
- Processed; Elizabeth West; July 2008.
- Appraisal Information
- The Brigham Young University Archives is the repository for the non-current records of Brigham Young University. (Documentation Policy of the Brigham Young University Archives, July 2003).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- BYUSA clubs papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elizabeth West
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-08T11:31-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Biographical Info:
The BYU Student Service Association is the official student-run association on campus. BYUSA is dedicated to serving the BYU student body and advising the BYU administration. Each year an election is held for the Student Body President and Executive Vice President. BYUSA acts as a student voice to the President's Council (president and the BYU vice presidents). Also, as a service organization, volunteers in BYUSA organize activities such as Fall Fling, Spring Fling, The Unforum, and Friday Night Live. Other volunteers research student concerns and draft proposals aimed at resolving those concerns. BYUSA also houses a large portion of BYU's student clubs. BYUSA is entirely student-run by unpaid volunteers.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series I in UA 5405
Individual BYUSA clubs papers
All history of BYUSA club activities papers
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives