Eugene L. Roberts papers
Eugene L. Roberts papers
Includes correspondence, reports, a thesis and practicum manuscripts about Roberts, and research materials for "History of BYU Physical Education, Sports, and Athletics, 1875-1901." Also includes printed programs, news clippings, songs and poetry concerning the Timpanogos hike.
- Extent: 3 boxes (1.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Roberts, Eugene L. (Eugene Lusk), 1880-1953
- Call Number: UA 562
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- The collection is divided into four series: 1. Eugene L. Roberts correspondence, 1916-1972; 2. Eugene L. Roberts general files, 1912-1967; 3. Eugene L. Roberts "History of BYU Physical Education, Sports, and Athletics" files, 1875-1953; and 4. Eugene L. Roberts subject files, 1920-1953.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Eugene Lusk Roberts collection must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: UA 562; Eugene Lusk Roberts papers; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citations: UA 562, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Materials were transferred from an unknown location. Found in the stacks November 2007.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated by Eugene L. Roberts.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA562.xml
- Subject Terms
- Brigham Young University. Intercollegiate Athletics; Social Life and Customs; Sports and Recreation; Timpanogos Hike
- Genre / Form
- Letters; Manuscripts
- Processing Information
- Processed; 1912-1972.
- Appraisal Information
- University history (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Roberts (Eugene Lusk) papers
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T12:51-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- Biographical Info:
A Brigham Young University professor of Physical Education.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in UA 562
Eugene L. Roberts correspondence
Eugene L. Roberts general files
Eugene L. Roberts "History of BYU Physical Education, Sports, and Athletics" files
Eugene L. Roberts subject files
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives