Intercollegiate Knights records
Intercollegiate Knights records
This collection contains minutes of meetings, national newsletters, pictures, guidebooks, correspondence, and other various tokens from the national organization of the Intercollegiate Knights. Dated 1922-1990.
- Extent: 41 boxes (20.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Intercollegiate Knights
- Call Number: UA 810
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open to public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are rranged in 8 series: 1. Intercollegiate Knights correspondence, 1950-1989. 2. Intercollegiate Knights constitutions and handbooks, 1957-1988. 3. Intercollegiate Knights national meetings, 1939-1989. 4. Intercollegiate Knights chapter reports, 1962-1987. 5. Intercollegiate Knights publications, 1939-1990. 6. Intercollegiate Knights Foundation, 1966-1988. 7. Intercollegiate Knights financial records, 1957-1988. 8. Intercollegiate Knights general files, 1922-1989.
- Conditions of Use
- Copyright of Intercollegiate Knights records is held by the Intercollegiate Knights. Permission to publish material from the Intercollegiate Knights records must be obtained from the Permissions & Licensing Office of the University and the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: UA 810; Intercollegiate Knights records; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citations: UA 810, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- This collection is a combination of two donations by the national organization of the Intercollegiate Knights. The first donation was made in 1987 and the second was made in 2001.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Intercollegiate Knights; 1987 and 2001.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA810.xml
- Subject Terms
- Intercollegiate Knights--Archives; Clubs and Societies; Greek letter societies--Utah--Provo; Social Life and Customs
- Genre / Form
- Articles; Business records; Conference proceedings; Constitutions; Files (Records); Letters; Photographs; Printed ephemera; Speeches, addresses, etc., American
- Processing Information
- Processed; J. Gordon Daines III, Brian Shull and Natalie Clark; 2003.
- Appraisal Information
- Office files (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Intercollegiate Knights records
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Processed by J. Gordon Daines III, Brian Shull and Natalie Clark
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-09-23T11:00-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- Biographical Info:
The Intercollegiate Knights (1919- ) is a national service fraternity.
Founded at the University of Washington in 1919 and becoming a national organization in 1922, the Intercollegiate Knights is a national service fraternity. At one time the Intercollegiate Knights had chapters at universities and colleges in most of the Western States. Now nationally chartered chapters exist in Utah and Idaho. Each chapter’s goal is to serve its school and community through meaningful service and continuation of traditions. The national organization is headed by a National President (Royal King) and National Vice-President (Royal Duke).
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in UA 810
Intercollegiate Knights correspondence
Intercollegiate Knights constitutions and handbooks
Intercollegiate Knights national meetings
Intercollegiate Knights chapter reports
Intercollegiate Knights publications
Intercollegiate Knights Foundation
Intercollegiate Knights financial records
Intercollegiate Knights general files
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives