Collection of riddles
Collection of riddles
Contains various kinds of riddles, droodles, and rebuses. Items were collected by students in folklore classes at Brigham Young University, Utah State University, and the University of Utah from 1960 to 2007. Most of the items are typewritten, but a few of the older items are handwritten. Many of the items contain a description of how, when, and where they were collected as well as explanations of social and cultural contexts.
- Extent: 22 boxes (5.5 linear ft.)
- Call Number: FA 12
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; William A. Wilson Folklore Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Arranged in three series: 1. Collection of true riddles. 2. Collection of droodles. 3. Collection of rebuses.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Wilson Folklore Archives must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: FA 12; Collection of riddles; Wilson Folklore Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: FA 12, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by various folklore students from 1970 to 2007.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; various folklore students; 1960-2007.
- Future Additions
- Collection adds approximately 0.08 linear feet per year.
- Subject Terms
- Animals; Numbers, Natural; Persons; Pictures
- Genre / Form
- College students' writings; Riddles
- Appraisal Information
- Student generated folklore (William A. Wilson Folklore Archives Collection Development Policy, 2009; IV, a, i , 4).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Collection of riddles
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Kristi Young
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-08-05T10:42-0600
- Finding Aid Language
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in FA 12
Collection of true riddles
Collection of droodles
Collection of rebuses
Help with this Collection
Curator - William A. Wilson Folklore Archives