Collection of material lore
Collection of material lore
Dates: 1944, bulk 1970-1998, 1970-1998
Contains descriptions of various material lore, including crafts, recipes, items of clothing, and landscapes. Items were collected by students in folklore classes at Brigham Young University, Utah State University, and the University of Utah from 1970 to 1998, and 1944. Most of the items are typewritten, but a few of the older items are handwritten. Many of the items contain a description of how, when, and where they were collected as well as explanations of social and cultural contexts.
- Extent: 3 boxes (1.5 linear ft.)
- Call Number: FA 16
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; William A. Wilson Folklore Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged in six series: 1. Collection of family material lore. 2. Collection of landscape material lore. 3. Collection of occupational material lore. 4. Collection of personal material lore. 5. Collection of religious material lore. 6. Collection of foodways material lore.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Wilson Folklore Archives must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: FA 16; Collection of material lore; Wilson Folklore Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: FA 16, LTPSC.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Various folklore students; 1960-2007
- Future Additions
- Additional descriptions are added to the collection annually, at a rate of approximately 0.08 linear feet per year.
- Subject Terms
- Folklore; Material culture
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Student generated folklore (William A. Wilson Folklore Archives Collection Development Policy, 2009; IV, a, i , 4).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Collection on material lore
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Kristi Young
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-08-22T08:58-0600
- Finding Aid Language
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in FA 16
Collection of family material lore
Collection of landscape material lore
Collection of occupational material lore
Collection of personal material lore
Dates: bulk 1972-1998----1944-1998
Collection of religious material lore
Collection of foodways material lore
Help with this Collection
Curator - William A. Wilson Folklore Archives