Adam S. Bennion papers
Adam S. Bennion papers
Speeches, meeting minutes, reports, correspondence, newspaper clippings, magazine articles, and miscellaneous items. The materials relate to Bennion's personal, educational, business, and religious activities. The largest amount of the materials relate to his speeches. The bulk of correspondence is between other apostles and general authorities of the Mormon Church.
- Extent: 44 boxes (22 linear ft.)
- Creator: Bennion, Adam S. (Adam Samuel), 1886-1958
- Call Number: MSS 1
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 1; Adam S. Bennion papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 1, LTPSC.
- Other Finding Aids
- Collection-level inventory online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS1.xml
- Subject Terms
- Bennion, Adam S. (Adam Samuel), 1886-1958; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Apostles--Sources; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Doctrines--History--Sources; Utah Power & Light Company--History--Sources; Businessmen--Utah--History--Sources; Correspondence; Education--Utah--History--Sources; Educators--Utah--History--Sources; Material Types; Mormon Church--Apostles; Universities and colleges--Utah--History--Sources
- Genre / Form
- Corporate minutes; Letters; Newspapers; Notes; Souvenirs (Keepsakes); Speeches, addresses, etc., American
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Bennion (Adam S.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Garrett Schroath
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T11:31-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Utah educator, speaker, businessman, and apostle in the Mormon Church. Bennion taught at the University of Utah and Brigham Young University and worked for the Utah Power & Light Company.
comments powered by Disqus