Lorenzo Snow letter
Lorenzo Snow letter
The folder contains a printed letter addressed to B. F. Cummings, Jr. and dated 8 September 1894. The item is a form letter in which Cummings' name was handwritten. Snow, then president of the Salt Lake Temple of the Mormon Church, requests donations of books to build up the library of that temple.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.01 linear ft.)
- Creator: Snow, Lorenzo, 1814-1901
- Call Number: MSS 102
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Lorenzo Snow letter must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 102; Lorenzo Snow letter; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 102, LTPSC.
- Subject Terms
- Cummings, B. F. (Benjamin Franklin), 1855-1918; Salt Lake Temple--History; Church Government; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Church libraries--Utah--Salt Lake City--History; Religion; Libraries--Utah--Salt Lake City--History; Mormon Church--Presidents; Mormons--Correspondence
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Snow (Lorenzo) letter
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-02-23T04:20-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Lorenzo Snow was the fifth president of Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from 1898 to 1901.
Lorenzo Snow was the son of Oliver Snow and Rosetta Pettibone. He was born 30 April 1814 in Mantua, Portage County, Ohio. He was baptized June 1836 by John F. Boynton and confirmed by Hyrum Smith. In 1837, he was ordained an elder. He served several missions for the Church. He practiced plural marriage and was convicted of unlawful cohabitation in 1886. Snow served eleven months. He died in 1901 in Salt Lake City, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus