Don McCarroll Dalton papers
Don McCarroll Dalton papers
Correspondence, diaries, articles, scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, and certificates. The correspondents include various leaders of the Mormon Church, Dalton's mother, and other friends and associates. The diaries cover the time when Dalton served on a mission for the Mormon Church in the Central States from 1915 to 1916, when he was with the United States armed forces in France from 1918 to 1919, when he was on a mission for the Mormon Church in South Africa from 1930 to 1935. Many of the materials relate to Dalton's political activities in Utah.
- Extent: 6 boxes (3 linear ft.)
- Creator: Dalton, Don McCarroll
- Call Number: MSS 1059
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 1059; Don McCarroll Dalton papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 1059, LTPSC.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS1059.xml
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Missions--Middle West--History; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Missions--South Africa--History; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Presidents--Correspondence; Dalton, Don McCarroll--Diaries; Dalton, Hannah Daphne Smith, b. 1857; Immigration and American Expansion; Lawyers--Utah--History; Missionaries; Mormon Church--Apostles; Mormons--South Africa--History; World War, 1914-1918--Campaigns--France--History; World War, 1914-1918--Personal narratives, American
- Genre / Form
- Certificates; Diaries; Letters; Newspapers; Scrapbooks
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Dalton (Don McCarroll) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Megan Furcini
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-12-22T04:04-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Mormon lawyer, rancher, and mission president.
comments powered by Disqus