Andrew G. Kimball papers
Andrew G. Kimball papers
The Andrew Gordon Kimball Collection consists of a wide variety of documents, including many letters written by Spencer W. Kimball. The collection is arranged according to type of material and subject as follows: journals of Andrew Gordon Kimball, from 1907 through 1966, including missionary journals; autobiographies and biographical material on Kimball; record of blessings; research notes, primarily related to gospel topics; sermons; religious and secular certificates; church papers; records and histories related to the Kimball family and its members; family records of the Gheen and Woolley families; family publications; news clippings; and photographs. Within each of the topics, individual items are filed either chronologically or alphabetically.
- Extent: 5 boxes (2.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Kimball, A. Gordon (Andrew Gordon), 1888-1975
- Call Number: MSS 1084
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research. Permission to publish material from Andrew Gordon Kimball Collection must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from [Papers] must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 1084; Andrew Gordon Kimball Collection; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 1084, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Clara C. Kimball, wife of Andrew Gordon Kimball; deeded to the Library on July 7, 1975.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Children and widow of Andrew G. Kimball; 1975.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS1084.xml
- Subject Terms
- Gheen family; Kimball family; Kimball, A. Gordon (Andrew Gordon), 1888-1975--Diaries; Kimball, Spencer W., 1895-1985--Correspondence; Woolley family; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Material Types; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon missionaries--Middle West--Diaries
- Genre / Form
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.); Family records
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Kimball (Andrew G.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Garrett Schroath
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-12-22T04:04-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Andrew Gordon Kimball was born in 1888 in Salt Lake City, Utah. After serving a mission in the Central States Mission and marrying Clara Curtis, he moved, with his wife, to Tucson, Arizona. There he began his professional life in the banking industry. He was a stalwart member of the LDS Church and served in many capacities ranging from choir director to Stake Patriarch to Directors of the Bureau of Information at the Hill Cumorah in Palmyra, New York. He died on April 6, 1975, exactly 87 years after his birth.
comments powered by Disqus