Daniel Kent diary
Daniel Kent diary
Account of his activities in Chester Township, Ohio. Includes occasional references to visiting Kirtland, Ohio. Includes a typed transcript of the document, prepared by Cherilyn A. Walley in 1994.
- Extent: 1 item 1 microfilm reel : photocopy of ms. typed transcript
- Creator: Kent, Daniel, 1778-1853
- Call Number: MSS 1090
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Microfilm copy is open for research. Permission required from the Supervisor of Reference Services to view the originals.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Diary must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Author was unidentified until 1994, when Cherilyn A. Walley transcribed the diary and performed research to identify its author for a history class at Brigham Young University. Another copy of the typescript, with additional contextual information, is also cataloged in Special Collections at BYU.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 1090; Daniel Kent diary; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 1090, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- The following appears at the bottom of each page of the photocopy of the diary: "Orig in poss of Steve A. Kovacich, . . . Xeroxed 27 July 1971."
- Subject Terms
- Walley, Cherilyn A.; Chester (Ohio)--History--Sources; Kirtland (Ohio)--History--Sources; Material Types
- Genre / Form
- Diaries; Microfilms
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Kent (Daniel) diary
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Rose Frank
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-12-22T04:15-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Brother-in-law to Brigham Young.
comments powered by Disqus