Belle W. Hales diaries
Belle W. Hales diaries
This collection contains two typewritten diaries. Belle describes her activities as a homemaker and as a civic leader. She travelled extensively throughout the United States and attended various academic conferences with her husband, Wayne B. Hales. Most of the entries deal with trivial daily routines. Belle writes about sexual morality from a Mormon standpoint and relates anecdotes about a number of faculty members of Brigham Young University and about various apostles of the Mormon Church.
- Extent: 1 box (0.5 linear ft.) : 2 volumes
- Creator: Hales, Belle W.
- Call Number: MSS 11
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Belle W. Hales diaries, 1941-1962, must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 11; Diaries; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 11, LTPSC.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Wayne B. Hales; 1973.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Apostles; Hales, Belle W.--Diaries; Hales, Wayne B.; Material Types; Mormon women--Utah--Provo--History; Provo (Utah)--History
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Hales (Belle W.) diaries
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Garrett Schroath
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-03-30T04:03-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Belle W. (Isabel [Isabella] Ethel Wilson) Hales was a homemaker and civic leader. She journaled her experiences. Isabel (Isabella) Ethel Wilson was born in Midway, Utah, in 1889 to James Brigham Wilson and Margaret Powell. She married Wayne Brockbank Hales in 1916. She was known as Belle W. Hales. Brother and Sister Hales had six children. Belle journaled her experiences and penned some poems. She traveled extensively throughout the United States and attended various academic conferences with her husband, Wayne.
comments powered by Disqus