David Candland diary
David Candland diary
Photocopy of a handwritten diary. Candland writes about joining the Mormon faith and his life in Salt Lake Valley and in Sanpete County, Utah. He talks about his polygamous marriages, the Utah Expedition, and the birth and deaths of children. The item includes a major gap between 1863 and 1900.
- Extent: 1 item (0.07 linear ft.)
- Creator: Candland, David, 1819-1902
- Call Number: MSS 1140
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Diary must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 1140; Diary; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 1140, LTPSC.
- Subject Terms
- Candland, David, 1819-1902--Diaries; Utah Expedition (1857-1858)--Sources; Great Salt Lake Valley (Utah)--History--Sources; Home and Family; Mormons--Utah--Great Salt Lake Valley--History--Sources; Mormons--Utah--Sanpete County--History--Sources; Polygamy--Religious aspects--Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--History--Sources; Polygamy--Utah--History--Sources; Sanpete Valley (Utah)--History--Sources; Social Life and Customs
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Candland (David) diary
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2011-10-03T12:25-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
comments powered by Disqus