Lorenzo Snow letter
Lorenzo Snow letter
Photocopy of a handwritten and signed letter, dated 1 March 1886, and addressed to Franklin S. Richards, a lawyer in Salt Lake City, Utah. Snow thanks Richards for "securing appeal in my three cases to the U. S. Supreme Court and promise of bail." The issue involved was probably a charge of polygamy made against Snow.
- Extent: 1 item (2 p.)
- Creator: Snow, Lorenzo, 1814-1901
- Call Number: MSS 1205
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Letter must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 1205; Letter; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 1205, LTPSC.
- Subject Terms
- Richards, Franklin S.; Correspondence; Material Types; Mormon Church--Presidents; Mormons--Correspondence; Polygamy--Religious aspects--Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--History--Sources
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Snow (Lorenzo) letter
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Garrett Schroath
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2011-10-24T11:06-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Fifth president of the Mormon Church.
comments powered by Disqus