Adelia H. Hardin papers
Adelia H. Hardin papers
Handwritten letters and miscellaneous papers. The materials relate to the Patty and Hardin families and include a sixteen-page letter by J. R. Hardin telling about his journey from Missouri to Salt Lake City, Utah. Some of the materials relate to the American Civil War. Many of the items were written in California and Missouri.
- Extent: 1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Hardin, Adelia H., 1842
- Call Number: MSS 1324
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- The collection can be divided into 12 series: 1. Correspondence from Samuel Patty to his Son, Levi H. Patty, 1852-1858; 2. General incoming correspondence to Levi H. Patty, 1866-1898; 3. Correspondence from Levi H. Patty to Adelia Hardin (later Mrs. Patty), 1860-1869; 4. Correspondence from Levi H. Patty to Adelia Patty, 1870-1877; 5. Correspondence from Levi H. Patty to his son, Maurice Patty; 6. Correspondence from Adelia H. Patty to Levi H. Patty, 1861 and 1877; 7. General incoming correspondence to Adelia H. Patty, 1865-1904 8. General outgoing correspondence from Adelia H. Patty, 1868-1885; 9. Unidentified correspondence; 10. Teaching certification papers of Adelia H. Hardin, 1860-1865; 11. Miscellaneous papers of Levi H. Patty, 1867-1875; and 12. Hardin family correspondence, 1843-1875.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Adelia H. Hardin collection must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: MSS 1324; Adelia H. Hardin papers; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citations:MSS 1324, LTPSC.
- Other Finding Aids
- Item-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS1324.xml
- Subject Terms
- Hardin family--Correspondence; Patty family--Correspondence; California--History--Sources; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Immigration and American Expansion; Missouri--History--Sources; Mormons--Correspondence; Pioneers; Pioneers--History--Sources; United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Sources
- Genre / Form
- Processing Information
- Processed; 1970.
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Hardin (Adelia H.) papers
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T12:29-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid encoded in English.
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- Biographical Info:
Adelia H. Hardin was the compiler of this collection.
Adelia A. Hardin was born in Missouri circa August 1842. In about September 1869, she married Levi H. Patty, then a medic employed by the Army.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 1324
Correspondence from Samuel Patty to his Son, Levi H. Patty
General incoming correspondence to Levi H. Patty
Correspondence from Levi H. Patty to Adelia Hardin (later Mrs. Patty)
Correspondence from Levi H. Patty to Adelia Patty
Correspondence from Levi H. Patty to his son, Maurice Patty
Correspondence from Adelia H. Patty to Levi H. Patty
General incoming correspondence to Adelia H. Patty
General outgoing correspondence from Adelia H. Patty
Teaching certification papers of Adelia H. Hardin
Miscellaneous papers of Levi H. Patty
Hardin family correspondence
Help with this Collection
Curator - 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts