William F. Butt papers
William F. Butt papers
Diaries, 1887-1895; correspondence, 1883-1897; financial records, Lehi, Utah, Ward record book; patriarchal blessings; mission records; and biographies of family members. Also included are the diaries of Butt's wife, Laura Ellen Bushman Butt, 1896-1897. The materials document William Butt's life in Lehi, Utah, and his service as a missionary for the Mormon Church to the Northern States.
- Extent: 2 boxes (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Butt, William F. (William Francis), 1857-1940
- Call Number: MSS 1397
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from William F. Butt papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 1397; William F. Butt papers; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 1397, LTPSC.
- Other Finding Aids
- Folder-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS1397.xml
- Subject Terms
- Butt, Laura E. (Laura Ellen), 1865-1899--Diaries; Butt, William F. (William Francis), 1857-1940; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Missions--Northeastern States--History; Religion; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon missionaries--Northeastern States--History; Mormons--Utah--Lehi--History
- Genre / Form
- Biography; Diaries; Patriarchal blessings (Mormon Church); Scrapbooks
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Butt (William F.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Andrea Wyss
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-11-13T14:44-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
William F. Butt (1857-1940) was a Mormon missionary, miner, and genealogist from Utah.
comments powered by Disqus