Cecil B. DeMille papers
Cecil B. DeMille papers
Personal and business papers generated by DeMille (1881-1959), his family, and his motion picture and other activities from 1863 to 1983 including correspondence, audio and videotape recordings, financial ledgers, and memorabilia. Also with the collection are more than 6,500 pieces of production-related art work, more than 37,869 motion picture still photographs, 275 volumes of scrapbooks (1919-1962), sound recordings, and video tapes of 36 motion pictures from DeMille's personal film collection.
- Extent: 38 oversize boxes (50.6 linear ft.). -- 1263 boxes (631.5 linear ft.). -- 275 v. (82.5 linear ft.). -- 80 microfilm reels (16 linear ft.)
- Creator: DeMille, Cecil B. (Cecil Blount), 1881-1959
- Call Number: MSS 1400
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; Arts & Communications Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Cecil B. DeMille papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Series 7, Jesse L. Laskey (silent film materials), series 8, DeMille Studio, and series 18, scrapbooks, may be viewed on microfilm.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 1400; Cecil B. DeMille papers; Arts and Communications Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 1400, LTPSC.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Cecelia DeMille Harper; 1977.
- Other Finding Aids
- Item-level inventory of microfilms available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS1400mf.xml
- Subject Terms
- DeMille family; DeMille, Cecil B. (Cecil Blount), 1881-1959; DeMille, Cecil B. (Cecil Blount), 1881-1959--Archives; Paramount Pictures Corporation--History; Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Motion picture actors and actresses--United States--History; Motion picture industry--United States--History; Motion picture plays--History and criticism; Motion picture producers and directors--United States--Biography; Motion picture studios--United States--History; Motion pictures--Setting and scenery--United States--History; Motion pictures--United States--History; Performing Arts
- Genre / Form
- Drawings; Feature films; Letters; Paintings; Photographic prints; Scrapbooks; Souvenirs (Keepsakes); Speeches, addresses, etc., American
- Appraisal Information
- Arts and Communications.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Cecil B. DeMille papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Garrett Schroath
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-03-23T04:24-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
American motion picture producer and director, considered the archetype of the American film mogul. His 70 films reflect changing American tastes and values, and he was particularly noted for his multimillion-dollar spectacles.
comments powered by Disqus