Howard Hawks papers
Howard Hawks papers
Contains scripts (some unproduced), contracts, correspondence, scenarios, research on many of Hawks's motion pictures, family and business records, memorabilia, and home movies.
- Extent: 1 carton (1 linear ft.). -- 16 boxes (8 linear ft.)
- Creator: Hawks, Howard, 1896-1977
- Call Number: MSS 1404
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; Arts & Communications Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 1404; Howard Hawks papers; Arts and Communications; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 1404, LTPSC.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Howard Hawks and Greg Hawks; 1977, 1988-1999.
- Separated Material
- Photographs were transfered to the Howard Hawks photographs and movie stills (MSS P 27) and movie stills were transfered to the Movie stills collection (MSS P 768).
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS1404.xml
- Subject Terms
- Faulkner, William, 1897-1962; Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Motion pictures--Production and direction; Performing Arts
- Genre / Form
- Letters; Motion picture film; Motion picture plays; Research (Document genres); Scripts (Documents)
- Left hand of God (Motion picture); Red River (Motion picture); To have and have not (Motion picture)
- Appraisal Information
- Arts and Communications.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Hawks (Howard) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Andrea Wyss
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T13:12-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Howard Hawks (1896-1977) was an American film producer and director.
Howard Winchester Hawks was born in Goshen, Indiana, on May 30, 1896. He made his career in Hollywood, working in the film industry as a screenwriter, editor, director, and producer. In 1974 he was awarded an honorary Academy Award of merit. Hawks died in Palm Springs, California, on December 26, 1977.
comments powered by Disqus