Rosel H. Hyde papers
Rosel H. Hyde papers
Correspondence, reports, congressional records, bills, press releases, public notices, Federal Communications Commission decisions and orders, published articles, speeches, court decisions, and miscellaneous items. These materials relate primarily to Hyde's career with the FCC.
- Extent: 67 boxes (33.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Hyde, Rosel H., 1900
- Call Number: MSS 142
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from 142 must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 142; Rosel H. Hyde papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 142, LTPSC.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Lillian De La Torre; 1995 March.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS142.xml
- Subject Terms
- United States. Federal Communications Commission--History; Correspondence; Mass media--Law and legislation--United States--History; Material Types; Mormons--Washington (D.C.)--History; Radio--Law and legislation--United States--History; Television--Law and legislation--United States--History
- Genre / Form
- Articles; Executive orders; Letters; Press releases; Reports
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Hyde (Rosel H.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Garrett Schroath
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-09-20T13:47-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Mormon accountant, banker, lawyer, and employee for the Federal Radio Commission which later became the Federal Communications Commission. He held a number of important positions in that agency including chairman.
comments powered by Disqus