Winslow Farr journals
Winslow Farr journals
Collection includes daily accounts of his family, his church mission to England (vol. 2), the Utah War, persecutions concerning his practice of polygamy, his subsequent prison sentence, and his life in Colonia Dublán, Chihuahua, Mexico. Typescripts of the journals are also included in the collection.
- Extent: 2 boxes (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Farr, Winslow, 1837-1913
- Call Number: MSS 1420
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Condition restricted; permission to use materials must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services. Patrons should use typescripts.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Journals must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 1420; Winslow Farr journals; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 1420, LTPSC.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Missions--England; Dublán (Mexico)--History; Home and Family; Mormon Church--Missions--England; Mormon missionaries--England--Diaries; Polygamy; Polygamy--Religious aspects--Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Prisons--Utah--History; Social Life and Customs; Utah Expedition (1857-1858)
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Farr (Winslow) journals
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Megan Furcini
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-12-01T04:09-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Winslow Farr (1837-1913) was a Mormon farmer and stake patriarch.
comments powered by Disqus