Jesse Knight papers
Jesse Knight papers
Collection includes various biographical materials including patriarchal blessings, biography of Knight by Inez Knight Allen, funeral tributes to Knight, legal and financial records of the Blue Bench Irrigation Company and correspondence conerning the Jesse Knight Trust Fund established for Brigham Young University students. Also included are writings about Knight by Mark Allen.
- Extent: 1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Knight, Jesse, 1845-1921
- Call Number: MSS 1434
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Jesse Knight papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 1434; Jesse Knight papers; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 1434, LTPSC.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Mark Allen; 1974.
- Subject Terms
- Allen, Inez Knight, 1876-1937; Allen, Mark, 1905-; Blue Bench Irrigation Company; Grant, Heber J. (Heber Jeddy), 1856-1945; Knight, Amanda, 1851-1932; Knight, Lydia Goldthwaite Bailey, 1812-1884; Colleges and Universities; Education; Patriarchal blessings (Mormon Church)
- Genre / Form
- Biography; Letters
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Knight (Jesse) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Andrea Wyss
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T12:27-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Utah businessman and philanthropist.
comments powered by Disqus