Samuel Stephen Jones papers
Samuel Stephen Jones papers
Collection contains diaries and autobiography, biographies, family history, correspondence, legal documents and newspaper clippings related to his personal life, pioneer memories, missionary experiences, political activities as mayor and member of the Democratic party, LDS Church activities, and leadership in business and civic activities in Utah. Also includes copies of his poetical writings.
- Extent: 2 boxes (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Jones, Samuel Stephen, 1837-1923
- Call Number: MSS 1435
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Samuel Stephen Jones papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 1435; Samuel Stephen Jones papers; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 1435, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Gift of Rhoda Jones, 1973.
- Acquisition Information
- Gift; Rhoda Jones; 1973.
- Other Finding Aids
- Index located with collection.
- Subject Terms
- Cutler, Thomas R.; Denver and Rio Grande Railroad Company--History--Utah; Dusenberry, Warren N. (Warren Newton), 1836-1915; Johnson, Caroline Maria, 1823-1890; Jones, Albert Stephen, 1871-1962; Jones, Albert, 1839-1925; Jones, Julia, 1847-1924; Jones, Lydia Elizabeth, 1837-1874; Jones, Samuel Stephen, 1837-1923--Diaries; Jones, Samuel, 1783-1858; Jones, Sarah, 1801-1867; Nuttall, L. John (Leonard John), 1834-1905; Smith, Joseph F. (Joseph Fielding), 1838-1918; Black Hawk War (Utah), 1865-1872; Christian leadership--Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Home and Family; Mormon families; Mormon handcart companies; Payson (Utah)--History; Provo (Utah)--History; Social Life and Customs
- Genre / Form
- Autobiographies; Biography; Diaries; Letters; Patriarchal blessings (Mormon Church)
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Jones (Samuel Stephen) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Megan Furcini
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T12:27-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Mormon businessman and mayor of Provo, Utah; member of Martin and Tyler Mormon handcart companies.
comments powered by Disqus