Mary Andrus papers
Mary Andrus papers
Collection contains an autobiography, certificates, family history, legal documents, letters, photographs, talks and tributes. Also includes material relating to the Latter-day Saint Church Spanish Fork, Utah 1st Ward Young Ladies Mutual Improvement Association, 5th Ward Relief Society, Spanish Fork Public Library, the Icelandic Association, and Alma Archibald Andrus' journal (1909-1968).
- Extent: 1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Andrus, Mary, 1890-1975
- Call Number: MSS 1462
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research. Pencil sketches. Condition restricted; permission to use items must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Mary Andrus papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 1462; Mary Andrus papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 1462, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Ruth H. Lewis and Phyllis H. Ashley in 1975.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Ruth H. Lewis and Phyllis H. Ashley; 1975.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS1462.xml
- Subject Terms
- Andrus, Alma A. (Alma Archibald), 1884-1973; Andrus, Alma A. (Alma Archibald), 1884-1973--Diaries; Higgins family; Icelandic Association of Utah--History; Relief Society (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Religion; Correspondence; Family histories; Libraries--Utah--Spanish Fork--History; Material Types; Mormon women--Utah--Spanish Fork--History; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Spanish Fork (Utah)--History
- Genre / Form
- Autobiographies; Certificates; Diaries; Letters
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Andrus (Mary) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Morgan Crockett
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-08-05T10:11-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Mary Higginson Andrus (1890-1975) was a librarian in Spanish Fork, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus