Joseph Howell papers
Joseph Howell papers
Collection includes photographs, diary excerpts, personal correspondence, speeches, transcript of funeral service and a copy of a master's thesis concerning Howell by Richard Stoddard. Also contains a biography of his wife and children and miscellaneous items.
- Extent: 1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Howell, Joseph (Joseph Williams), 1857-1918
- Call Number: MSS 1463
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Joseph Howell papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 1463; Joseph Howell papers; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 1463, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Gift of Mary Ellen Stoddard Smith, 1975.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS1463.xml
- Subject Terms
- Howell family; Howell, Joseph (Joseph Williams), 1857-1918; Howell, Mary Elizabeth Maughan, 1856-1937; Promontory-Curlew Land Company; Home and Family; Legislators; Social Life and Customs
- Genre / Form
- Biography; Diaries; Letters; Speeches, addresses, etc., American
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Howell (Joseph) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Megan Furcini
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T12:27-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Utah legislator and U.S. Congressman from Utah, 1903-1917.
comments powered by Disqus