John Dudman diary
John Dudman diary
Handwritten diary kept from 29 July to 21 Aug. 1855. Dudman writes about his daily activities and about how the women were treated and abused in England. Also included are four accounts of Dudman's drowning while swimming in the Lynher River.
- Extent: 1 v. (52 p.)(0.07 linear ft.)
- Creator: Dudman, John, 1835-1855
- Call Number: MSS 148
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Diary must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 148; Diary; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 148, LTPSC.
- Subject Terms
- Dudman, John, 1835-1855--Diaries; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon Church--Missions--Great Britain--History--Sources; Mormon missionaries--Great Britain; Mormons--Great Britain--History--Sources; Women--Great Britain--History--Sources
- Genre / Form
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Dudman (John) diary
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2011-12-27T09:51-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Mormon missionary in Great Britain.
comments powered by Disqus