Earl Gearhard Vought papers
Earl Gearhard Vought papers
Dates: approximately 1960-1976
Typescripts, holographs, printed material. Photocopies of articles.
- Extent: 18 boxes (9 linear ft.)
- Creator: Vought, Earl Gearhard, b. 1894
- Call Number: MSS 1490
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Earl Gearhard Vought papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 1490; Earl Gearhard Vought papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 1490, LTPSC.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS1490.xml
- Subject Terms
- Bach, Johann Sebastian, 1685-1750; Beethoven, Ludwig van, 1770-1827; Brahms, Johannes, 1833-1897; Dickinson, Emily, 1830-1886; Frost, Robert, 1874-1963; Handel, George Frideric, 1685-1759; Haydn, Joseph, 1723-1809; James, Henry, 1843-1916; Jeffers, Robinson, 1887-1962; Kilpinen, Yrjö; Liszt, Franz, 1811-1886; Mahler, Gustav, 1860-1911; Morton, David, 1886-1957; Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus, 1756-1791; Pfitzner, Hans Erich, 1869-1949; Reger, Max, 1873-1916; Sappho; Schoeck, Othmar, 1886-1957; Schubert, Franz, 1808-1878; Schumann, Robert, 1810-1856; Sibelius, Jean, 1865-1957; Strauss, Johann, 1825-1899; Wolf, Hugo, 1860-1903; Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Harpsichord music; Music; Musicians, Austrian; Musicians, English; Musicians, German; Novelists, American; Poets, American; Poets, Canadian; Poets, English; Poets, Japanese
- Genre / Form
- Haiku; Sonnets
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Vought (Earl Gearhard) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Andrea Wyss
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-11-17T04:04-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Collector and connoisseur of literature, art and music. The collection includes studies of composers, poets, and authors from the 16th to the 20th centuries, including chronologies of their works.
comments powered by Disqus