Kenneth D. Wells Collection
Kenneth D. Wells Collection
The Kenneth D. Wells Collection consists of the papers, literary memorabilia, library and arifacts of Kenneth D. Wells. The papers and literary memorabilia include correspondence, speeches, research files, notes, clippings, photographs, writings, minutes, financial records, administrative files, sound recordings and motion pictures. The artifacts include medals, medallions, plaques, statuettes, and related mementos presented to Wells, along with souvenirs he collected. The correspondence section of the collection includes letters by several U.S. Presidents and other prominent political leaders. The collection includes a lengthy interview with Wells conducted by LeGrand Baker in 1986.
- Extent: 68 boxes (34 linear ft.)
- Creator: Wells, Kenneth Dale, 1908-1998
- Call Number: MSS 1503
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Papers, literary memorabilia, and artifacts must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators. The copyright of the Wells collection is owned jointly by the donor and the Harold B. Lee Library, and, in some instances by the creator of the item or his heirs, if different than Kenneth D. Wells. The Harold B. Lee Library usually will grant permission to publish upon receipt of a written request by a qualified scholar, but the user must obtain permission to publish from the copyright holders other than Kenneth D. Wells and the Lee Library. There are no general restrictions on research use of the collection.
- This collection is also known as the Wells Freedom Archives, Brigham Young University Archives.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 1503; Kenneth D. Wells Collection, Brigham Young University Archives; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 1503, LTPSC.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS1503.xml
- Subject Terms
- Armstrong, Anthony, 1897-1976; Wells, Kenneth Dale, 1908-1998--Archives; Authors, English--20th century--Biography--Sources; Authors, English--Manuscripts; English literature--20th century--History--Sources; English literature--Manuscripts; Material Types
- Genre / Form
- Papers (Document genres); Scrapbooks
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Wells, (Kenneth D.) Collection
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Garrett Schroath
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T11:25-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Wells was a businessman, industrialist, and one of the founders of the Freedoms Foundation at Vally Forge.
comments powered by Disqus