C. DeMont Judd legislative papers
C. DeMont Judd legislative papers
Collection contains the legislative files collected by Judd while he served as a representative in the Utah Legislature between the years 1969 and 1980. The papers include correspondence, legislation, research material, budget material, conference material, and campaign material.
- Extent: 18 boxes (9 linear ft.)
- Creator: Judd, C. DeMont
- Call Number: MSS 1535
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the C. DeMont Judd legislative papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 1535; C. DeMont Judd legislative papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 1535, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by C. Demont Judd Jr. in 1982.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; C. Demont Judd Jr; 1982.
- Subject Terms
- Judd, C. DeMont--Archives; Political Campaigns; Politics, Government, and Law
- Genre / Form
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.); Letters; Statutes
- Processing Information
- Processed; Melissa Cowles; October 19, 2007.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah political history (Collection development policy of 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts, August 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Judd (C. DeMont) legislative papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Melissa Cowles, Karen Glenn, student processors and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-12-08T17:34-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Biographical Info:
C. DeMont Judd Jr. (1928-2010) was a politician in Utah. He served as a member of the Utah Legislature from 1969 to 1980.
C. DeMont Judd Jr. was born on August 26, 1928, in Kanab, Utah, the son of Clarence DeMont Judd Sr. and Elizabeth J. DeLong. He entered the military as a Private in 1951 during the Korean War, and was released in 1953 as a Private-First Class after having served in the Medical Corps. On August 6, 1955 he married Ramona Fay Stoven Covey. They have since had eight children: Rose Marie, Ramona Michelle, Jefferson DeMont, Jennifer Caye, Spencer Mark, Christopher Jourdan, C. DeMont III, and Rodney Scott.
In 1956 he received a law degree from the University of Utah, and in 1968 ran for the Utah Legislature as a democrat from the Weber County area (district 34 until 1973 when district reorganization created district 47). He served as a representative to the Utah Legislature for six terms, from 1969 until 1980.
Judd was a member of the American Bar Association, the National Association of Defense Counsel in Criminal Cases, and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He passed way on June 25, 2010 in Farmington, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus