Collection on Mark Hofmann
Collection on Mark Hofmann
Collection contains articles, clippings, transcripts, biographical materials, and other materials on the Mark Hofmann case. Includes information on Hofmann's forgeries, as well as the murder case. Materials date from between 1978 and 2005.
- Extent: 9 boxes (4.5 linear ft.)
- Call Number: MSS 1571
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged in seven series: 1. Biographical articles of Mark Hofmann, 1982-1987. 2. News clippings on Mark Hofmann case, 1982-2005. 3. Transcripts and court-related documents on the Mark Hofmann preliminary hearing, 1986-1987 . 4. Articles and other material on Mark Hofmann Mormon-related forgeries, 1978-1988. 5. Articles and other material on Mark Hofmann non-Mormon-related forgeries, 1984-1987. 6. Articles and other material on Mark Hofmann rumored documents, 1985-1987. 7. Topical files on Mark Hofmann, 1981-1997.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Collection on Mark Hofmann must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: MSS 1571; Collection on Mark Hofmann; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citations: MSS 1571, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Collection was put together (i.e., assembled within Special Collections) over a period of four years by curator David J. Whittaker and his student research assistants, approximately 1985-1989.
- Acquisition Information
- Assembled in-house; David J. Whittaker, curator, and his student research assistants; approximately 1989.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS1571.xml
- Subject Terms
- Religion; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Politics, Government, and Law; Civil Procedure and Courts; Forgery of manuscripts--Utah; Forgery--Utah; Crime--Utah--Biography; Murder--Utah--History--Sources; Hofmann, Mark; Foster, Craig L.
- Genre / Form
- Newspapers; Photocopies; Bio-bibliography; Articles; Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- Processing Information
- Processed; David J. Whittaker; April 1989. Additional materials processed; Amanda Crandall, manuscripts processor; February 2016.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, II.B.5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Collection on Mark Hofmann
- Finding Aid Author
- David J. Whittaker, Craig L. Foster, Jennifer Nelson, Paul C. Russel
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2016-06-24 15:16:07 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 1571
Biographical articles on Mark Hofmann
News clippings on Mark Hofmann
Transcripts and court-related documents on Mark Hofmann preliminary hearing
Articles and other material on Mark Hofmann Mormon-related forgeries
Articles and other material on Mark Hofmann non-Mormon-related forgeries
Articles, clippings, and other material on Mark Hofmann rumored documents
Topical files on Mark Hofmann
Help with this Collection
Curator - 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts