David Matthew Kennedy papers
David Matthew Kennedy papers
Diaries, correspondence, business and political records, reports, and miscellaneous items relating to Kennedy's banking and political assignments.
- Extent: 35 boxes (17.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Kennedy, David Matthew, 1905-1996
- Call Number: MSS 1583
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: This collection is currently restricted. Permission to research any material in it must be obtained from Curator, Archives and Manuscripts, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Personal and professional papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 1583; David Matthew Kennedy papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 1583, LTPSC.
- Other Finding Aids
- Item-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS1583.xml
- Subject Terms
- Continental Illinois National Bank and Trust Company of Chicago; Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973; Kennedy, David Matthew, 1905-1996; Kimball, Spencer W., 1895-1985; Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994; North Atlantic Treaty Organization--United States--History; United States. Federal Reserve Board; Banks and banking, International; Business, Industry, Labor, and Commerce; Chicago (Ill.)--History--Sources; Diplomatic and consular service--United States; Economics and Banking; Mormons--United States--History--Sources; Political Campaigns; Politics, Government, and Law; United States--Foreign relations--1969-1974; United States--Foreign relations--1974-1977; United States--Foreign relations--1977-1981; United States--Officials and employees--Political activity
- Genre / Form
- Diaries; Itineraries; Letters; Lists; Memorandums; Reports; Schedules; Speeches, addresses, etc., American
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Kennedy (David Matthew) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Garrett Schroath
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-11-24T04:00-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
President and Chairman of the Board of Continental Bank in Chicago and Secretary of the Treasury under President Richard Nixon. Later he was appointed Ambassador-at-large and U.S. representative to NATO. He also served as special representative to the First Presidency of the Mormon Church.
comments powered by Disqus