Belle S. Spafford letters
Belle S. Spafford letters
Letters to Ethel Taylor Sessions, Belle's friend. The first item is dated 12 Nov. 1937. The rest are from the 1950-1980 timeframe. Also included are newsclippings regarding Spafford, several of her talks, and one essay by an unidentified author. The letters deal largely with personal matters.
- Extent: 1 box (0.5 linear ft.) : handwritten
- Creator: Spafford, Belle S. (Belle Smith), 1895-1982
- Call Number: MSS 1584
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Letters must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 1584; Belle S. Spafford letters; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 1584, LTPSC.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Delemme Roge Taylor; 1987.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS1584.xml
- Subject Terms
- National Council of Women of the United States; Relief Society (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Sessions, Ethel Taylor; Spafford, Belle S. (Belle Smith), 1895-1982--Correspondence; Material Types; Mormon women--Utah--Salt Lake City--Correspondence
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Spafford, (Belle S.) letters
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Garrett Schroath
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-11-17T04:05-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Civic and Mormon Church leader. For the Mormon Church, she served on the Relief Society General Board for eight years starting in 1935, as the general Relief Society president for twenty-nine years starting in 1945, and as a member of the board of trustees of the Church School System. She seved on the National Council of Women for fifty-two years, where she held many positions including that of president during the years of 1968-9.
comments powered by Disqus