Henry S. Kesler papers
Henry S. Kesler papers
Scripts, correspondence, reviews, production files, and motion picture and videotape prints of television shows and motion pictures produced and directed by Mr. Kesler. Included are 175 television scripts, most annotated by Kesler, with production-related correspondence and reports as well as fifty-six 16mm black-and-white sound prints of scripts. The PERSONAL file contains correspondence and notes from friends and business associates.
- Extent: 21 boxes (10.5 linear ft.) : 69 videotapes and motion pictures
- Creator: Kesler, Henry S., 1907-1997
- Call Number: MSS 1588
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; Arts & Communications Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Collection is available for research without restrictions. However, items covered by copyright are restricted from duplication or profit-generating uses. The 16mm motion pictures and videotapes of television episodes are restricted to research and educational use only. They may not be duplicated in any form without written permission of the copyright owner.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 1588; Henry S. Kesler papers; Arts and Communications; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 1588, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- The Henry S. Kesler Collection was created during the life of its donor, Mr. Kesler.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS1588.xml
- Subject Terms
- Material Types; Motion picture industry--California--History--Sources; Motion picture producers and directors--California--Biography--Sources; Motion pictures--California--Biography--Sources; Moving Images; Television plays--History and criticism--Sources; Television plays--History--Sources; Television scripts--History--Sources; Television--California--Biography--Sources; Television--California--History--Sources; Television--Production and direction--California--History--Sources
- Genre / Form
- Feature films; Motion picture plays; Television plays, American
- Appraisal Information
- Arts and Communications.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Kesler (Henry S.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Garrett Schroath
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T13:12-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Production manager and director in motion pictures and writer, director, and producer in the formative years of American television. He produced over 240 television programs and motion pictures. He married Nancy Lee Hurt in 1945.
comments powered by Disqus