Alma O. Taylor diaries
Alma O. Taylor diaries
Handwritten diaries and two folders of correspondence and newspaper clippings. Taylor was called to serve on a mission to Japan for the Mormon Church in 1901. He presided over the Japan Mission from 1905 to 1910. A few diary entries were made between 1911 and 1946. Also included are correspondence relating to the mission and newspaper clippings about the work of translating the Book of Mormon into Japanese.
- Extent: 3 boxes (1.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Taylor, Alma O.
- Call Number: MSS 166
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Diaries must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 166; Diaries; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 166, LTPSC.
- Subject Terms
- Taylor, Alma O.--Diaries; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Correspondence; Letters; Material Types; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon Church--Missions--Japan--History--Sources; Mormon missionaries--Japan--History; Mormons--Japan--History--Sources; Publications
- Genre / Form
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.); Electronic books; Newspapers
- Book of Mormon. Japanese--History--Sources
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Taylor (Alma O.) diaries
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Garrett Schroath
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2012-01-18T14:06-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Mormon missionary serving in Japan. He was born in 1882.
comments powered by Disqus