Delia Ellison letters
Delia Ellison letters
Handwritten letters addressed to Lt. Samuel L. Daggett of 11th Regiment Vermont Volunteers of the Union Army. Apparently, Daggett was stationed in or near Washington, D.C., for much of the war. Also included are letters from Ellison's and Daggett's family members. Ellison writes about her studies in Springfield, Vermont, and her teaching in Saxtons River, Vermont. She also talks about social occasions, kissing, fashions, and family matters.
- Extent: 2 boxes (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Ellison, Delia
- Call Number: MSS 1725
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Letters must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 1725; Letters; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 1725, LTPSC.
- Subject Terms
- Daggett, Samuel L.; Military; Politics, Government, and Law; Saxtons River (Vt.)--History--Sources; Springfield (Vt.)--History--Sources; Students--Vermont--Springfield--History--Sources; Vermont--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Sources; Women teachers--Vermont--Saxtons River--History--Sources
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- (19th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Ellison (Delia) letters
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Andrea Wyss
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2012-02-03T13:32-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Woman student and school teacher in Vermont.
comments powered by Disqus