Ebenezer Beesley papers
Ebenezer Beesley papers
Mormon hymn books, musical scores, newspaper clippings, a short autobiography, a biography, and letters. Also included is a photostat copy of a handwritten list of passangers on the William Tapscott in 1859. The Mormons on the ship later formed the George Rowley handcart company which emigrated to Utah in 1859. Also included is a diary by an unnamed person describing the journey to Utah with the Rowley company. Since Beesley was known to be a member of the company, the diary is probably his. Beesley settled first in Tooele and later in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Extent: 2 boxes (10 linear inches)
- Creator: Beesley, Ebenezer, 1840-1906
- Call Number: MSS 1745
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 1745; Papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 1745, LTPSC.
- Subject Terms
- William Tapscott (Ship)--History--Sources; Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Mormon handcart companies; Mormons--Utah--Salt Lake City--History--Sources; Mormons--Utah--Tooele--History--Sources; Music; Musicians--Utah--History--Sources; Rowley Handcart Company--History--Sources; Salt Lake City (Utah)--History--Sources; Tooele (Utah)--History--Sources
- Genre / Form
- Autobiographies; Biography; Diaries; Letters; Newspapers; Scores
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Beesley (Ebenezer) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Andrea Wyss
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2012-02-07T09:25-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Utah pioneer musician.
comments powered by Disqus