Ivan J. Barrett diaries
Ivan J. Barrett diaries
Ten handwritten diaries with photocopies of the items, a draft of the book "The Story of the Mormons in the Holy Land," newspaper clippings, and miscellaneous items. Barrett kept his diary while serving on a mission for the Mormon Church with his wife in Israel. He writes about the tedium of day-to-day work, consultations with prominent Israelis, diplomatic visits of foreign dignitaries, and meetings with various General Authoriities of the Mormon Church. He also includes copies of letters from a number of General Authorities and other prominent Mormons.
- Extent: 21 items (15 linear inches)
- Creator: Barrett, Ivan J. (Ivan Junius), 1910-1999
- Call Number: MSS 1757
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Materials may be used only with permission of the author.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Diaries must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 1757; Diaries; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 1757, LTPSC.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Ivan J. Barrett; 1981.
- Subject Terms
- Barrett, Ivan J. (Ivan Junius), 1910-1999; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Apostles--History--Sources; Religion; Israel--History--Sources; Material Types; Mormon Church--Missions--History--Sources; Mormons--Israel--History--Sources; Publications
- Genre / Form
- Diaries; Drafts (Documents)
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Barrett (Ivan J.) diaries
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Garrett Schroath
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2012-02-10T10:48-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Author, biographer, patriarch in the Mormon Church, and professor of history and religion at Brigham Young University.
comments powered by Disqus