Utah Beta Chapter records
Utah Beta Chapter records
Contains correspondence, newsletters, play programs, minutes of meetings, and miscellaneous items. The materials relate to the function, activities, and organization of the Utah Beta Chapter fraternity at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah.
- Extent: 7 boxes (3.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Theta Alpha Phi. Utah Beta Chapter
- Call Number: MSS 1820
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Utah Beta Chapter records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 1820; Utah Beta Chapter records; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 1820, LTPSC
- Related Material
- See also Utah Beta Chapter photographs (MSS 3865), Utah Beta Chapter records (UA 5613), Theta Alpha Phi records (MSS 1926), Theta Alpha Phi records (MSS 2119), and Theta Alpha Phi records (MSS 854).
- Subject Terms
- Theta Alpha Phi; American drama--Societies, etc.--History; Clubs and Societies; Greek letter societies--United States--History--Sources; Greek letter societies--Utah--Provo--History--Sources; Social Life and Customs
- Genre / Form
- Corporate minutes; Letters; Newsletters
- Processing Information
- Photographs transferred to Photo Archives.
- Appraisal Information
- University history (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Utah Beta Chapter records
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Andrea Wyss
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-08-05T10:43-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
The Utah Beta Chapter (established 1924) of the Theta Alpha Phi honorary dramatic fraternity is a student managed organization which hosts dramatic presentations and fosters creative expression in college students at Brigham Young University.
The dramatic fraternity Theta Alpha Phi recognizes students who have achieved high honors in drama. The Utah Beta Chapter, created in 1924 at Brigham Young University, includes students who have reached a certain level of mastery in performance and scholarship. The Utah Beta Chapter fosters achievement in drama, initiating members based on their demonstration of skill and appreciation for the craft. Students participate in performance and encourage appreciation for the arts in other areas of study, providing events and exhibitions for those who lack understanding or interest in theatre. Officers and members must be involved in theatre arts and have good standing with the university.
comments powered by Disqus