Orson F. Whitney diaries
Orson F. Whitney diaries
Photocopies of handwritten diaries and an autobiography. Whitney writes about his missions for the Mormon Church to the Eastern United States and to Great Britain. He also served as president of the European Mission. Whitney also tells about his dreams, his service in various political positions, and his numerous positions in the Mormon Church.
- Extent: 4 boxes (2 linear ft.)
- Creator: Whitney, Orson F. (Orson Ferguson), 1855-1931
- Call Number: MSS 1825
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Diaries must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 1825; Diaries; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 1825, LTPSC.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Alice Colton Smith; 1984.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Apostles--History--Sources; Whitney, Orson F. (Orson Ferguson), 1855-1931--Diaries; Religion; Dreams--Religious aspects--History--Sources; Historians--Utah--History--Sources; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon Church--Missions--East (U.S.)--History--Sources; Mormon Church--Missions--Europe; Mormon Church--Missions--Great Britain--History--Sources; Politicians--Utah--History--Sources
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Whitney (Orson F.) diaries
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Garrett Schroath
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2012-02-28T10:23-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Author, historian, publisher, and an apostle in the Mormon Church.
comments powered by Disqus