Tuttle family papers
Tuttle family papers
Correspondence, diaries, pamphlets, advertisements, and account books. Diaries were written by Newton Tuttle (1825-1905), a farmer in Bountiful, Utah. He mentions attending the School of the Prophets in Salt Lake City, Utah, where he heard teachings from leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon). Correspondence includes letters written to Clara Minerva Tuttle Bartholomew (1865-1956) by members of the Bartholomew family who were on LDS missions, among which are letters from her husband, Henry, in England, 1903-1904. Clara was the daughter of Newton Tuttle and his wife, Emily Amelia Stone (1839-1927). Collection includes original Newton Tuttle diaries, plus typed copies prepared by Brigham Young University.
- Extent: 11 boxes (5.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Tuttle family. -- Tuttle, Newton, 1825-1905
- Call Number: MSS 1832
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 1832; Tuttle family papers; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 1832, LTPSC.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Davis Bartholomew family; 1988.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS1832.xml
- Related Material
- See also Tuttle family papers (MSS 2870) and Tuttle family papers (MSS 2871).
- Subject Terms
- Bartholomew family; Bartholomew, Clara Minerva Tuttle, 1865-1956; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Missions--History; School of the Prophets--History; Bountiful (Utah)--History; Farmers--Utah--Bountiful--History; Material Types
- Genre / Form
- Account books; Diaries; Letters
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Tuttle family papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Andrea Wyss
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-10-20T04:18-0600
- Finding Aid Language
comments powered by Disqus