Harry A. Dean papers
Harry A. Dean papers
28 volumes of handwritten diaries including typewritten summaries and typewritten copies of the diaries of Joseph H. Dean, Harry A. Dean's father. Scrapbooks, 298 items of correspondence, musical compositions, certificates, programs, autobiographies, and miscellaneous materials. The collection relate to Dean's teaching career and his interest in music including his translation of the Mormon hymnal into Samoan.
- Extent: 9 boxes (4.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Dean, Harry A. (Harry Arnold), 1892-1987
- Call Number: MSS 1920
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 1920; Papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 1920, LTPSC.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Apostles--Autographs; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Hymns--History and criticism; Dean, Harry A. (Harry Arnold), 1892-1987; Dean, Joseph H. (Joseph Henry), 1855-1947; Material Types; Music teachers--Utah--History--Sources; Samoan language
- Genre / Form
- Autobiographies; Diaries; Letters; Scrapbooks
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Dean (Harry A.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Garrett Schroath
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2012-03-28T13:16-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Mormon music instructor at Snow College in Ephraim, Utah, form 1934 to 1958.
comments powered by Disqus