Theta Alpha Phi records
Theta Alpha Phi records
Contains letters, membership records, applications, programs, announcements, and financial records. The materials relate to the finances and activities of the Theta Alpha Phi fraternity on the national level.
- Extent: 5 boxes (2.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Theta Alpha Phi
- Call Number: MSS 1926
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Theta Alpha Phi records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 1926; Theta Alpha Phi records; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 1926, LTPSC.
- Related Material
- See also the Utah Beta Chapter records (MSS 1820), Utah Beta Chapter photographs (MSS 3865), Utah Beta Chapter records (UA 5613), Theta Alpha Phi records (MSS 1926), Theta Alpha Phi records (MSS 2119), and Theta Alpha Phi records (MSS 854).
- Subject Terms
- Theta Alpha Phi; Greek letter societies--United States; Theater--United States
- Genre / Form
- Announcements; Applications for positions; Letters; Programs
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Theta Alpha Phi records
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Jeffrey Mahas
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T12:01-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
The Theta Alpha Phi National Theatre Honors Fraternity (est. 1919) was founded at Oklahoma A&M College in Stillwater, Oklahoma, and selects students for membership who have shown mastery in the theatre arts.
The Theta Alpha Phi National Theatre Honors Fraternity, founded in 1919, is the oldest theatre honor society in the world. Established at Oklahoma A&M College in Stillwater, Oklahoma, Theta Alpha Phi is an American honors society which recognizes students who have achieved excellence in the theatre arts. Unlike other honors societies, Theta Alpha Phi expects only expertise in drama; academic prowess is not a requirement for membership. Undergraduate or graduate students who exhibit proficiency in theatre arts are welcome to join Theta Alpha Phi, provided that these students attend a college or university which has a chapter of the honor society.
comments powered by Disqus