Arthur Gaeth papers
Arthur Gaeth papers
Dates: circa 1923-1983
Collection includes news reports, newspaper clippings, drafts of articles with handwritten corrections, photographs, and money created and collected by Gaeth between 1923 and 1983. The materials relate to Gaeth's news coverage of World War II in Europe. The items also relate to the diplomacy of the era and to the start of the Nuremberg War Crimes trials. The currency is from 1923 Germany and is greatly inflated.
- Extent: 9 boxes (4.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Gaeth, Arthur, 1905-1984
- Call Number: MSS 1934
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Arthur Gaeth papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 1934; Arthur Gaeth papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 1934, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Arthur Gaeth in 1983 and 1989.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Arthur Gaeth; 1983 and 1989.
- Related Material
- MSS SC 2017 Arthur Gaeth papers, 1941-1982.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Czecholovakia--History; Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Bankers--Colorado--Denver--History; Journalism; Journalists--Colorado--Denver--History; Mormon missionaries--Czechoslovakia--History
- Genre / Form
- Articles; Letters; Oral histories
- Processing Information
- Processed; October 2007.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West (Collection development policy for 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts, August 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Gaeth (Arthur) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Karen Glenn, student processor and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-07T15:26-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Biographical Info:
Arthur Gaeth (1915-1984) was a Mormon Church leader, author, and journalist.
Arthur Gaeth (1915-1984) was a Mormon Church leader, author, and journalist. He served as a missionary in Germany, and a mission president in Czechoslovakia, between the two World Wars. He later returned to Europe as a journalist, covering post-war diplomacy and the Nuremberg War Crimes tribunal.
comments powered by Disqus