E. O. Larson papers
E. O. Larson papers
Handwritten diaries, reports, correspondence, and newspaper clippings detail the various aspects of E.O. Larson's personal and business life and accomplishments from 1933 to 1970. Some of the materials deal with water use, water projects, and water management in Utah.
- Extent: 3 boxes (2 linear ft.)
- Creator: Larson, E. O. (Ernest Oliver), 1894-1981
- Call Number: MSS 1940
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Alternative Format
- Digital version available online.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the E.O. Larson papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 1940; E. O. Larson papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 1940, LTPSC.
- Subject Terms
- Agriculture and Natural Resources; Businessmen--Utah--Salt Lake City--History--Sources; Salt Lake City (Utah)--History--Sources; Water and Water Rights; Water resources development--Utah; Watersheds--Utah
- Genre / Form
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.); Diaries; Letters
- Processing Information
- Processed; Melanie Nef; September 2008.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Larson (E. O.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Melanie Nef
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T11:09-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) Western Waters (WWDL)Grant, 2007-2010
- Biographical Info:
E. O. Larson (1894-1981) was an engineer in Utah.
Ernest Oliver Larson was born in Santaquin, Utah, in 1894 and lived in Utah until his death in 1981. He was educated at Utah State Agriculture College, and became a United States Bureau of Reclamation Engineer working on and completing many water projects throughout the Western United States. Larson was interested in matters relating to water use and management in the American West and he was on the Utah State University board of trustees.
comments powered by Disqus