Clarence Cottam papers
Clarence Cottam papers
Correspondence, reports, articles, notes, minutes, essays, certificates, and miscellaneous items. The materials relate to Cottam's numerous professional activities while working im many capacities for the United States government and for Brigham Young University. The items largely deal with Cottam's work as an ecologist and as a conservationist.
- Extent: 104 boxes (43.5 linear feet)
- Creator: Cottam, Clarence, 1899
- Call Number: MSS 1942
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Clarence Cottam papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 1942; Clarence Cottam papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 1942, LTPSC.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Rob and Bessie Welder; 1979.
- Other Finding Aids
- Finding aid available in repository.
- Subject Terms
- Conservationists--United States--History--Sources; Correspondence; Ecologists--United States--History--Sources; Material Types; Science; Science, Technology, and Health
- Genre / Form
- Articles; Certificates; Corporate minutes; Essays; Letters; Notes; Reports
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Cottam (Clarence) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Garrett Schroath
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T11:31-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Mormon author, educator, ecologist, and conservationist. He died in 1974.
comments powered by Disqus