New Park Mining Company records
New Park Mining Company records
Materials include business correspondence including budgets, expenses, mining assays, invoices, and bills of ladening as well as stockholders' records and certificates. Also contains correspondence, maps, surveys, and contracts regarding the dividends and mines of other mining companies in Utah. The majority of the material pertains to the New Park Mining Company. Dates 1906-1957.
- Extent: 1 box (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: New Park Mining Company
- Call Number: MSS 1947
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged in two series: 1. New Park Mining Company records, 1939-1957. Series 2. New Park Mining Company records on other Utah mining companies, 1906-1957.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from New Park Mining Company records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 1947; New Park Mining Company records; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 1947, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated in 2013.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; 2013.
- Subject Terms
- Agriculture and Natural Resources; Mines and Mineral Resources; Mines and Mineral Resources--Utah--Park City--History--Sources; Park City (Utah)--History; New Park Mining Company
- Genre / Form
- Letters; Certificates; Invoices
- Processing Information
- Processed; Garrett Schroath, student manuscript processor; May 4, 2011. Addendum processed; McKinley Griffin, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; October 30, 2015.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- New Park Mining Company records
- Finding Aid Author
- Garrett Schroath
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2016-04-01 12:56:23 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
New Park Mining Company (1932-1975) was a mining company centered around the Park City area of Utah.
Mayflower Mines Corporation, started in 1929, became New Park Mining Company in 1932. W. H. H. Crammer became president and general manager. This company came to incorporate many of the mines in the area. It closed in 1975 due to high shipping costs from Utah to mills and smelters and the top companies in Utah closed.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 1947
New Park Mining Company correspondence and other material
New Park Mining Company records on other Utah mining companies
Help with this Collection
Curator - 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts