John Goddard papers
John Goddard papers
Contains manuscripts, typescripts, transcripts, correspondence, photocopies, magazines, diary, and papers. Handwritten diaries, magazine articles, correspondence, newspaper clippings, and pamphlets. The diaries include accounts of Goddard's Congo expedition in 1956, his Nile expedition in 1951, and his South American expedition in 1962. The correspondence are between Goddard and his family relating his various activities.
- Extent: 1 oversize box (2 linear ft.). -- 3 boxes (1.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Goddard, John M., 1926
- Call Number: MSS 1956
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from John Goddard papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 1956; John Goddard papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 1956, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Created by Goddard, donated to BYU between 1975-1990. Revised and reprocessed September 14, 2001 by Cory Clement and Brad Westwood.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Jon Goddard; 1975.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS1956.xml
- Subject Terms
- Goddard, John M., 1926---Diaries; Anthropologists; Anthropology; Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Congo River--Description and travel; Correspondence; Explorers--United States--History--Sources; Material Types; Nile River--Description and travel; South America--Description and travel
- Genre / Form
- Diaries; Letters; Newspapers
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- John Goddard papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Garrett Schroath
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T11:40-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Goddard is an LDS anthropologist, explorer, and public speaker from the 1950s - 1990s.
comments powered by Disqus