Maureen Ursenbach Beecher papers
Maureen Ursenbach Beecher papers
Dates: circa 1967-1997
Contains materials collected by Maureen Ursenbach Beecher, including various manuscripts, and paper drafts, research materials, personal projects and papers, and professional materials and student papers. Also contains files on various organizations and committees Beecher played a role in, correspondence, personal office files, files and minutes of the Relief Society, as well as various audio and visual materials, circa 1967-1997.
- Extent: 1 box (0.5 linear ft.). -- 22 cartons (22 linear ft.). -- 1 oversize folder (1.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Beecher, Maureen Ursenbach
- Call Number: MSS 1979
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Contains nine series: 1. Journal drafts and paper manuscripts, 1975-1996. 2. Research materials, 1972-1997. 3. Personal project files, 1970-1995. 4. Course materials and professional files, 1973-1997. 5. Files on organizations and committees, 1973-1996. 6. Correspondence, circa 1972-1993. 7. Personal files, circa 1972-1996. 8. Relief Society files, circa 1971-1979. 9. Audio and visual materials, circa 1967-1987. Collection was arranged by student processor.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Maureen Ursenbach Beecher papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: MSS 1979; Maureen Ursenbach Beecher papers; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citation: MSS 1979, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Maureen Ursenbach Beecher between 1978-1998. Additional materials donated by Jill Mulvay Derr in January 2012.
- Acquisition Information
- Gift; Maureen Ursenbach Beecher; 1978-1998. Donated; Jill Mulvay Derr; January 2012.
- Other Finding Aids
- Preliminary finding aid is available in repository.
- Related Material
- See also the Maureen Ursenbach Beecher collection (MSS 2285).
- Subject Terms
- Beecher, Maureen Ursenbach--Archives; Colleges and Universities; Education; Education, Higher; Mormon women
- Genre / Form
- Manuscripts; Manuscripts (for publication); Records
- Processing Information
- Processed; Dani Peterson; February 2012.
- Appraisal Information
- Part of University Archives; college records (University Archives collecting policy February 2010).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Beecher (Maureen Ursenbach) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Dani Peterson
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-12T15:22-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Maureen Ursenbach Beecher (born 1935) was an English professor and research historian in Utah.
Maureen Ursenbach Beecher was born March 19, 1935 in Calgary, Alberta, Canada to Charles Ursenbach and Lucile Harvey. In 1958 she left to serve in the Swiss-Austrian Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She held the positions of editor and senior research associate of the History Division of the Church from 1972 to 1980. From 1981 to 1997, she served as a research historian for the Joseph Fielding Smith Institute for Latter-day Saint History as well as an associate professor and professor of English. She retired to Ottawa, Ontario, Canada in 1997.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 1979
Maureen Ursenbach Beecher journal drafts and paper manuscripts
Maureen Ursenbach Beecher research materials
Maureen Ursenbach Beecher personal project files
Maureen Ursenbach Beecher course materials and professional files
Maureen Ursenbach Beecher files on organizations and committees
Maureen Ursenbach Beecher correspondence
Dates: circa 1972-1993
Maureen Ursenbach Beecher personal files
Dates: circa 1972-1996
Maureen Ursenbach Beecher Relief Society files
Dates: circa 1971-1979
Maureen Ursenbach Beecher audio and visual materials
Dates: circa 1967-1987
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives