Dean Hughes papers
The new site is available at http://archives.lib.byu.edu
Dean Hughes papers
Dates: 1937-2014, bulk 1961-2014
Contains correspondence, magazine articles, newspaper clippings, photographs, programs, and book drafts. The materials relate to Hughes' writing and publishing career. The correspondence is between Hughes and his publishers. Material dates from 1937-2014, bulk 1961-2014.
- Extent: 7 boxes (3.5 linear ft.). -- 20 cartons (20 linear ft.)
- Creator: Hughes, Dean, 1943
- Call Number: MSS 1981
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged into three series. 1. Dean Hughes writing, 1961-2014. 2. Dean Hughes legal papers, 1996-2003. 3. Dean Hughes correspondence, articles, and other materials, 1937-2007.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Dean Hughes papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 1981; Dean Hughes papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 1981, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Given as a gift by Dean Hughes in 2015.
- Acquisition Information
- Gifted; Dean Hughes; June 8, 2015.
- Subject Terms
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Literature; American literature--Mormon authors; Mormon authors--Correspondence; Mormon authors--Research; Hughes, Dean, 1943-; Hughes, Dean, 1943---Archives
- Genre / Form
- Letters; Articles
- Processing Information
- Processed; Sadie Hutchinson; 2015.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Hughes (Dean) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Megan Furcini
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2016-03-01 10:10:14 -0700.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Dean Hughes (b. 1943) is a Mormon fiction author in Utah.
Dean Hughes was born on August 24, 1943 in Ogden, Utah. He's a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and served as a missionary in Germany. He attended Weber State University, where he studied English, and later received master's and doctoral degrees from the University of Washington.
In 1966 Hughes married Kathleen Hurst and they have three children. Kathleen and he were public affairs missionaries in Nauvoo later in their lives.
After completing his education, Hughes taught English at Central Missouri State University and at Brigham Young University. He has had a productive writing career, authoring over one hundred books.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 1981
Dean Hughes writings
Dates: 1961-2014----bulk 1981-2014
Dean Hughes legal papers
Dates: 1996-2003----bulk 1999-2003
Dean Hughes correspondence, articles, and other material
Dates: 1937-2007----bulk 1962-2007
Help with this Collection
Curator - 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts